Are DACH-based Enterprises Ready to Step Outside their Comfort Zone?
Posted by email@example.com on October 28, 2016
DACH-headquartered companies tend to operate differently. This is most obvious in the more stringent approach to labor regulations, which impacts organizational agility in terms of reacting to global opportunities. As a result, we have traditionally seen less leveraging of global shared services models in organizations headquartered across Germany, Switzerland, and Austria, as well as a large proportion of shared services still supporting single functions.
More recently, however, we have seen a number of DACH-based multinationals emulating their global peers and tapping into near- and offshore centers. This trend is being led, to a large extent, by the automotive and manufacturing industry and organizations whose revenue is above US$10 billion.
SSON Analytics recently analyzed the global SSC footprint of DACH-based organizations to discover the extent to which near- or offshore locations are being leveraged. Unsurprisingly, a quarter of all these shared services are still located in-country, but Asia along with Eastern Europe account for nearly a third of these shared services centers. in fact, 45% of these organizations are opting to base their shared services centers outside the DACH region.
For those who stay in region, Berlin and Munich are two location hotspots. Overall, however, the west and south of Germany host the largest percentage of SSCs, effectively going where the talent is (in other words, where we see the greatest pool of university graduates).
See all the charts and dive down into the interactive data reports: view the DACH Shared Services Centers Landscape visual report now.
- Should You Consider Healthcare Risks When Choosing A Shared Service Location?
- Why Financial Benchmarking Really Matters
- How Philippine Delivery Centers are Deploying Success Levers in the Year Ahead
- ESTABLISHING A CENTER OF EXCELLENCE (COE) IN AUTOMATION – 4 Critical Ingredients
- Dummy Blog
- Dummy Blog
- Data readiness – a precursor to realising the true potential of automation
- 3 Trends Confirmed at SSON’s European Flagship Event
- Top 3 Trends in European Shared Services in 2019: How are scope, outsourcing and automation strategies adapting – and why?
- Higher Education Institutions must look beyond implementation challenges of Shared Services
- What’s driving successful Business Transformation in the Nordics right now?
- What does good really look like? Benchmark your SSO against 2 different benchmarking datasets