ASEAN Still Drawing Key Shared Services Organisations – But Efficiencies Vary
Posted by firstname.lastname@example.org on November 8, 2016
While Asia still plays a key role in most global shared services models, current innovations in technology are rapidly opening up new opportunities for forward looking organizations. Despite this, Asia will retain its importance for the foreseeable future. According to our data, across the top three most popular ASEAN locations of Malaysia, the Philippines and Singapore, shared services have nearly doubled in the past six years alone, driven predominantly by US headquartered organizations although European companies are strongly driving the market in Malaysia, as well.
Skilled talent is a key factor in choosing a location for the Philippines, while for Malaysia the most significant driver is already existing facilities in the country.
We've identified that companies building new shared services centers are looking for technical skills as a key requirement today [more than 90%]. However, and perhaps in acknowledging the shifts in the service delivery marketplace, transformational and problem-solving skills are also being highly rated and sought after.
- Malaysia has nearly twice as many shared services that achieve AP cycle time efficiency of three or fewer days, than the Philippines, and nearly three times as many as Singapore.
- Singapore has the highest accuracy rates in AP processing
- Malaysia and the Philippines have a lot of experience in multifunctional centers
- the Philippines tends to have fewer general "talent management" challenges than other country in the region
If you are considering leveraging Asia for your global services model, make sure you read this workbook to find out where HR services dominate, which countries and cities are particularly strong in finance and accounting, and how salaries compare.
Read the full report here: Benchmarking and Talent Analysis of ASEAN Shared Service Centers
- Should You Consider Healthcare Risks When Choosing A Shared Service Location?
- Why Financial Benchmarking Really Matters
- How Philippine Delivery Centers are Deploying Success Levers in the Year Ahead
- ESTABLISHING A CENTER OF EXCELLENCE (COE) IN AUTOMATION – 4 Critical Ingredients
- Dummy Blog
- Dummy Blog
- Data readiness – a precursor to realising the true potential of automation
- 3 Trends Confirmed at SSON’s European Flagship Event
- Top 3 Trends in European Shared Services in 2019: How are scope, outsourcing and automation strategies adapting – and why?
- Higher Education Institutions must look beyond implementation challenges of Shared Services
- What’s driving successful Business Transformation in the Nordics right now?
- What does good really look like? Benchmark your SSO against 2 different benchmarking datasets
- Business Continuity Plan alert: Q3 2018 Earthquakes now at a record high
- Shared Services in Deutschland: Fokus auf Produktivität und Working Capital
- German Shared Services Focused on Productivity and Working Capital
- Open for Business: Consistent figures for 2018 US Shared Services jobs market
- How to succeed with Intelligent Automation: what our surveys tell us
- Is "gender" impacting shared services careers?
- Chief of Payroll, UNICEF Global Shared Services Centre
- Is a profitable business necessarily a prosperous one?
- Accounts Payable: the case for automation and offshoring