BPOs Leading Asian Intelligent Automation Implementations
Posted by email@example.com on January 10, 2018
Asian enterprises are predominantly relying on their BPO partners to implement intelligent automation (IA). Only a fraction of current IA implementations is based in a shared services center, according to a recent poll of the Asian shared services market. Instead, more than half of existing implementations are run by a BPO.
This trend would bode well for the many Asian-based BPO centers whose very existence appears to be threatened by the onslaught of robotic automation. With their traditional business model based on low-cost FTEs, the emergence of a relatively inexpensive digital army on the resource landscape means BPO businesses are going to have to rethink their operations, and rethink quickly.
Based on our poll, however, many have been quick to grasp robotic process automation and leverage it for their core business. For clients, this means the pressure might be off to adopt RPA themselves in response to management pressure to take action on this latest innovation. The never ending pressure to be competitive means that organizations are pushing shared services operations to do 'more with less'. Robotic process automation or intelligent automation has offered just that: the ability to ratchet up the scope of service without adding to headcount.
The most common areas of application today remain Finance and Accounting (F&A), with half of the Asian-based implementations taking place in this sector. The most common processes are record to report and purchase to pay, although there is significant growth in pilots in other areas, as well.
IA Adoption in Asia Business Services – This workbook provides a snapshot of Intelligent Automation (IA) adoption based on 390 recorded cases of IA pilots and implementations in Asia as listed in the Intelligent Automation Universe (IAU).
- Based on a poll at SSON’s 19th Annual Asian Shared Services & Outsourcing Week, 16% have started on their IA journey.
- Top 3 industries implementing IA are Banking Financial Services & Insurance, Media, Publishing & Advertising, and Manufacturing – CPG.
- Only 16.6% of recorded IA pilots/implementations happen within a Shared Service Centre.
66.8% of recorded IA pilots/implementations are by large organizations with annual revenue >$10 Billion USD.
- Should You Consider Healthcare Risks When Choosing A Shared Service Location?
- Why Financial Benchmarking Really Matters
- How Philippine Delivery Centers are Deploying Success Levers in the Year Ahead
- ESTABLISHING A CENTER OF EXCELLENCE (COE) IN AUTOMATION – 4 Critical Ingredients
- Dummy Blog
- Dummy Blog
- Data readiness – a precursor to realising the true potential of automation
- 3 Trends Confirmed at SSON’s European Flagship Event
- Top 3 Trends in European Shared Services in 2019: How are scope, outsourcing and automation strategies adapting – and why?
- Higher Education Institutions must look beyond implementation challenges of Shared Services
- What’s driving successful Business Transformation in the Nordics right now?
- What does good really look like? Benchmark your SSO against 2 different benchmarking datasets