Data Insights from Global Report 2016: State of the Shared Services & Outsourcing Industry
Posted by email@example.com on June 22, 2016
Last year SSON's members were asked how and to what extent they were leveraging the 5 mega trends identified in our 2015 Shared Services survey. Nearly 500 people responded and Dart created an interactive workbook to share the results with you.
Here's what stood out: Nearly 3/4 of respondents agree that their "current Shared services strategy will deliver a dramatic and recognized value to the organization beyond cost savings". What this tells us is that practitioners understand that shared services has evolved from the cost arbitrage and centralization that yielded returns in the traditional model. The question is: where is this recognition making itself felt?
This workbook offers valuable insights into the shifts that are affecting shared services delivery today. Its interactive features mean that you can zoom in on a region, a function, or a particular driver – even sorting responses by yesses and nos.
This is Shared Services data like you've never seen before.
Some of the findings in this workbook:
- 79% of respondents believe their current Shared Service strategy WILL deliver dramatic and recognized value beyond cost savings
- Process excellence is the trend most likely to impact added value in the next 2 years. Robotics Process Automation was ranked least
- 44% of SSOs globally intend to grow/maintain use of data analytics to improve performance
- 68% of SSC practitioners say they are replacing or considering replacing FTEs with Technology
See the full workbook here.
- The Increasing Importance of IA & Automation
- IA in 2021 & Beyond: 10 Key Factors
- How will shared services ‘stay ahead’ in the face of this year’s [still] challenging environment?
- All Eyes on China
- Is FOW Just BPR, Again?
- Is Process Ownership the Most Critical Enabler of Global Business Services (GBS) Success?
- Should You Consider Healthcare Risks When Choosing A Shared Service Location?
- Why Financial Benchmarking Really Matters
- How Philippine Delivery Centers are Deploying Success Levers in the Year Ahead
- ESTABLISHING A CENTER OF EXCELLENCE (COE) IN AUTOMATION – 4 Critical Ingredients
- Dummy Blog
- Dummy Blog
- Data readiness – a precursor to realising the true potential of automation
- 3 Trends Confirmed at SSON’s European Flagship Event
- Top 3 Trends in European Shared Services in 2019: How are scope, outsourcing and automation strategies adapting – and why?