Malaysia: Its Strength is Language
Posted by firstname.lastname@example.org on September 10, 2016
Malaysia is one of the most popular countries for shared services and BPO operations in Asia. Since 2000, there has been a steady increase in both captives shared services centres (SSCs) and BPOs, while the ratio of captives has consistently been somewhat higher than for BPOs.
While the most popular service delivery locations in Malaysia remain the areas around Kuala Lumpur, expanding to Selangor, Penang also rates highly for captives. Although overall there are more captives than the BPOs, more states have an outsourcing footprint than a captive one. Indeed, a number of states offer only BPO or ITO centers.
The market is still predominantly driven by transactional processes, with only 5% of centers offering high value processes alone (meaning treasury, R&D, analytics, human capital management, etc), but nearly a third offering a mixture of both.
Malaysia’s overwhelming strength is its languages. As a result, it operates more as a regional hub than a domestic model, providing services to business customers across the broader region. It also has a significant segment of SSCs that service global customers.
View the full interactive data set on the Malaysian services landscape for more insights.
- Should You Consider Healthcare Risks When Choosing A Shared Service Location?
- Why Financial Benchmarking Really Matters
- How Philippine Delivery Centers are Deploying Success Levers in the Year Ahead
- ESTABLISHING A CENTER OF EXCELLENCE (COE) IN AUTOMATION – 4 Critical Ingredients
- Dummy Blog
- Dummy Blog
- Data readiness – a precursor to realising the true potential of automation
- 3 Trends Confirmed at SSON’s European Flagship Event
- Top 3 Trends in European Shared Services in 2019: How are scope, outsourcing and automation strategies adapting – and why?
- Higher Education Institutions must look beyond implementation challenges of Shared Services
- What’s driving successful Business Transformation in the Nordics right now?
- What does good really look like? Benchmark your SSO against 2 different benchmarking datasets
- Business Continuity Plan alert: Q3 2018 Earthquakes now at a record high
- Shared Services in Deutschland: Fokus auf Produktivität und Working Capital
- German Shared Services Focused on Productivity and Working Capital
- Open for Business: Consistent figures for 2018 US Shared Services jobs market
- How to succeed with Intelligent Automation: what our surveys tell us
- Is "gender" impacting shared services careers?
- Chief of Payroll, UNICEF Global Shared Services Centre
- Is a profitable business necessarily a prosperous one?
- Accounts Payable: the case for automation and offshoring